New or Replacement Table || Budget || Room You'll Be Using || Table Shape || Table Size || Color || Material || Functionality
All You Need to Know About Choosing the Right Coffee Table
The coffee table is used as a centerpiece in the living room, in the midst of your chairs and sofa. It may not have any special features but will usually compliment your interiors to make a statement and blend well with it.
It’s a piece of furniture that’s not meant to just improve the room’s style or design. It’s more needed and used for its functionality. It is ideal as a stand for your things can store things if it has a shelf or drawer and can also be used as a focal point.
If you want to choose and buy a coffee table that’s not only good to look at, but also maximizes space, then it’s worth making your choice based on the following information.
It’s easier for you to choose if you are buying
Of course, if you loved the old table, and are just buying a new one because it looks old, then you just buy a new table.
Decide how much you can afford to spend
• If it’s the living room, then look for a more or less formally designed coffee table. As the living room is where most of your guests will be, it’s
better to look for a decoratively styled table, with perhaps a glass top.
table, which can lead to cracks and injuries.
• If it’s going to be used in your family room, look for something more functional than decorative. It’s better to avoid glass tops here.
They may end up looking messy when covered with finger marks and scratches. Besides, they are once again risky for children and pets,
especially if they don’t have frames.
• Look for
that are exceptionally stylish or having a special material, surface finish or size make a better choice.
You can also decide on the table shape based on the room size.
• If it’s a small room, then look for a rectangular or oval shaped coffee table. It adds some length to the room.
• Round or oval tables that don’t have sharp corners make a safe buy if you have children at home.
• Square and round tables go well in most seating configurations like in front of the sofa.
• Sometimes tables with patterned sides and shelves may not blend well with your interiors. Keep the side designs and shelf in mind while making
your choice. Sometimes table with designs aren’t practical in use and are only decorative in looks and function.
There are a few measurements you need to take to ensure you buy the right sized coffee table that fits the room interiors.
• If you plan or have to move your existing furniture around to fit the table in, make sure there’s enough leg space when you sit down.
• Don’t forget to measure your furniture height so that the coffee table aligns well without any risk of your bumping and falling down.
If you will be placing food and drinks on the table, then it should measure 2 inches lower than the sofa or chair. But don’t buy coffee tables that
are an inch taller than your sofa.
You should choose the table color based on your room’s existing color scheme. Look for a table that isn’t too contrasting with the color of your interiors.
Choose the material based on your cleaning habits. This means if you don’t have the time to clean your home
Look for something durable, like a wood or metal coffee table, if you plan to be placing heavy things on it or if you have children and pets running around all day long. If there’s no risk of kids or if you won’t be placing anything heavy on it, then something delicate will do.
A round table goes well in a room with lots of curvy furniture.
• If you plan to use the table to store things like the remote control and some magazines in them, look for one with a bottom storage shelf. There
are also tables with storage boxes or drawers to keep things in them, out of view.
• If you are looking for something convenient, then look for a table with a removable top. It makes the task of rearranging the table nearer to
• You will prefer investing in a table where you can adjust its leg height if you plan to move your furniture around a lot. In fact, adjustable legs
• It’s better to put some protective caps on the legs of the table to prevent the legs from scratching your floor
• There are also coffee tables with wheels which make it so much easier to move the table around.
the table can be locked in so that there’s no risk of it rolling around when you have your drinks or beverages on them.
You should now finally be able to find the perfect coffee table befitting your budget, interiors and room size.