It is a known fact that everyone needs eight hours of sleep a day. However not many realize that it’s about a third of a day, which in turn means you spend a third of your life sleeping! With your spending so much time on the bed, you may as well make sure you sleep on one of the best, good quality beds, like the Tempurpedic mattress.
It was in the year 1992 that the company Tempur-Pedic was started with the purpose of producing high-end memory foam bedding. It grew to become one of the key companies producing these foam beds, which were originally developed and used by NASA for aircraft seats.
When you compare and take a look at the comfort, luxury, customer satisfaction and cool-feeling aspects of this mattress, it’s really outstanding. In fact, these are the main reasons people use them nowadays.
However, all this comes at a cost, which is why these beddings are expensive. It’s taking advantage of this high price that has allowed other mid-luxury and less expensive brands like Duxiana, BedInABox, Setra and Amerisleep spread and develop their market.
Symbolizes quality and comfort
If you are someone who looks for the best in life, Tempurpedic beddings are marked as a symbol of quality and comfort. All you need to do is go through a few of its reviews to understand why it’s so.
Tempurpedic beds are famous for its ability at self-adjusting itself as per your body’s weight, shape, and temperature. This is to ensure it’s all distributed perfectly to offer optimal support to the body.
This company has come a long way since its inception and has not only improved its bedding making technology but has also started producing pillows and bedding. It’s not surprising that Tempurpedic adjustable beds and pillows have also grown huge in popularity since its inception.
One of the most important factors to consider while choosing any bed is its thickness. This is because it is the main determining factor of the beds’ quality and comfort levels.
Beddings normally come in various thicknesses starting from 6 inches to 14 inches. We do not suggest buying and using 6 or 8 inch thick versions because they are not as comfortable and supportive as they should be.
We instead suggest investing in a 10 or 12 inch thick models because they are most comfortable, sturdy and offer maximum support while sleeping. If you are someone obese, then it is better to look for a 14-inch thick mattress because it’s bigger, heavier and stronger than other options.
You can also choose and buy Tempurpedic beds based on its thickness. Tempurpedic produces more of high-density models which start from 8 inches in thickness. However, their 10 and 12-inch thick beddings are the most common in the market, while the 14 inch thick models are not that high in demand.
The manufacturer of all the Tempurpedic beddings provides an approximate but guaranteed life expectancy. The average lifespan of their low-density memory foam versions is about 4 to 6 years while you can expect their medium or high-density foam models to last anywhere between 8 to 10 years.
The greatest fact about Tempurpedic beds is that they don’t just boast about the advantages or reasons to use their beddings. They compiled this list of advantages for using their beds based on the results of various online searches, user satisfaction analytics and sales reports.
These advantages include:
- Helpful at reducing the points where your body puts most pressure while sleeping which in turn provides a comfortable sleeping position for a good night’s sleep
- As the bedding can self-adjust itself, it tends to conform to your body contours while promoting optimal spinal alignment. It also lets you accommodate different, comfortable positions while sleeping.
- This is also why the Tempur-Pedic tends to return to its original shape once the pressure or body is removed from its surface.
- Tempurpedic mattresses are most ideal to use in adjustable beds because of its self-adjusting feature
- The unique and high-tech memory foam that’s used in making these beds provides a top-notch cool feel while sleeping.
- Another factor that makes this mattress so comfortable and high in demand is its motion transfer mechanism. It is this mechanism that prevents your sleep getting disturbed all because of your partner’s movements while sleeping.
- The foam is also helpful at preventing allergies like breathing difficulties and sneering because of its effective dust mite mitigating abilities.
Tempurpedic beds are not perfect, and their manufacturers even agree it has some disadvantages, like everything else. So despite their offering so many advantages, it also has its share of disadvantages which are:
- It’s difficult to periodically flip over
- It’s not a wise option for babies to sleep on
- As mentioned earlier, it’s expensive
- As it retains body heat, it may be uncomfortable to sleep on, especially in warm weathers
- There is the chance of a brand new bed gassing and producing an odd chemical smell
- The mattress is not bouncy as some other mattresses may be
Well, practically all of the Tempurpedic beddings are good with optimal features and quality. With so many models to choose from, you are sure to find one that’s comfortable for you if you keep the following statements in mind:
1. If budget is a constraint, choose a firmer mattress which is cheaper than a soft model
2. Once again, thinner models are cheaper than the thicker ones, if you are on a budget
3. The Flex models are however the best of the lot, thanks to its high feel of resilience
4. With regards to comfort and effectiveness, Breeze models are comparatively better than others
So you see, you have to choose based basically on your budget, and you’re personal sleeping choices. While the Breeze models are highly recommended, it’s better to first take a look at their rates because they are more expensive than some other models.
If you are looking for a comfortable mattress for a good night’s sleep, then Tempurpedic mattresses are worth a look. Though a bit expensive, they have their advantages, especially if you consider factors like durability and comfort.